View Single Post

Old 03-06-2018, 05:59 PM
US Veteran

Liked 12,989 Times in 4,522 Posts

There is virtually no city in America, certainly not a major city, that permits the firing of a firearm within the city limits. It is essentially prohibited everywhere to the best of my knowledge. However, if you are outside the city limits, as mentioned by The Pilgrim, "in the county" as we say, then your use of a firearm, hunting or otherwise, is usually legal. If you can see rooftops - county or city subdivision - you ought not to be firing in that direction, legal or not. Except and unless, I guess, that there is a nice forest between you and those developments but, even then, you have to be mighty careful to keep your muzzles pointed below those trees. I wouldn't like it either, just like The Pilgrim said.

I understand that in Europe it is considered rude to hunt without a suppressor! I can't prove it offhand but that's what I have been advised. I am uncertain what the suppressor accomplishes other than not scaring away animals in the vicinity. European styles of hunting, as in groups together, drives, etc., I can see where noise reduction is useful. Otherwise, I don't get it.

As for city dwelling limb rats, a high powered air rifle can take care of that group of pests!