View Single Post

Old 03-06-2018, 07:46 PM

Liked 131 Times in 58 Posts

Well, got my Shield 380 out today and it ran very smooth through all 90 rounds I shot. I had 50 rds of Remington 95 gr that had little or no recoil. I then shot 20 Federal 90gr HST and again, no problems, but the recoil is a little more pronounced with this ammo. Finally, 20 rds of Hornady 70gr PowR Ball and there is very little felt recoil. I noticed the accuracy of the Federal and Hornady was superior to the range Remington for obvious reasons. I shot the gun rapid fire, slow fire, off hand, two handed, and gotten say, the gun performs terrific. The trigger is a real joy especially when compared to striker fired pistols in this size I have shot. The hammer fired does make a big difference. I was hoping to get the wife interested as she is extremely recoil sensitive. She is complaining about the size, so I guess I will have to try to get her shooting the thing along with her Smith 432 she is currently carrying and a Smith 380 Bodyguard. Perhaps comparing the three in the same shooting session will help her make a decision as to what she could carry. If the gun is too big, I would rather she carry a gun that she will actually carry.

Should have mentioned that I stripped the gun and cleaned it thoroughly before going to range. I also shined the feed ramp and chamber.

Last edited by rangemeister; 03-07-2018 at 03:32 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: