View Single Post

Old 03-11-2018, 10:21 AM
Absent Comrade

Liked 18,061 Times in 4,567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushmaster1313 View Post
No concealed carry in my jurisdiction so this is only hypothetical

However, if you were charged with, or took it upon yourself, to carry for the protection of your place of worship, would it be responsible to carry your favorite revolver, or would it be better to carry a comparable size autoloader with a spare magazine.

Your thoughts please

Not entirely related, but...

Some 10 years ago, in a day I was training, I walked from the 25/50 meters range to the half a mile distant IPSC practicing range. Since there were reports of feral pack dog attacks in the area, I took with me my .44 40 gunbelt and SAA. When I arrived there, there 2 folks with Glocks shooting at metal plates(4 inch) at about 15 yards, with them was the Commando lieutenant(at the time, I think he is a Major now) I was looking for. I saw them(in disbelief) empty 18 round mags to hit 6 plates. After they were done I asked if I could have a go at it. With some smugg faces they said it was OK and went to set the plates for me.

I loaded the 6th chamber (empty at the time) and holsterd, asked them for the beep, and after that draw(one handed) and shot all the six plates down (with some authority I might add) after that kicked the empties out reloaded another 5 and reholstered. The LT almost choked laughing.

So I guess a revolver is fine.

Edit. After that I did the same thing with one of their Glocks, only put six rounds on the magazine.

Last edited by Kurusu; 03-11-2018 at 10:31 AM.
The Following 32 Users Like Post: