View Single Post

Old 03-11-2018, 06:24 PM

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.revolverguy View Post
Is the P365 an upgrade to the shield? Not in my view and here is why. It is not because of any trigger upgrades or for that matter actually anything to do with the pistols at all. It is because of the hours of training I have put in with my shield and the comfort level I have with it. Carrying the shield for me is like leaving the house with my wallet in my pocket, it is just something you do and sometimes you don't even know it is there.

When I consider cost of a carry pistol I factor in my hours of time required and sometime the confusion that comes along with it. Meaning carrying a Shield and having developed muscle memory and great reaction time, while practicing and getting familiar with the P365. This change is costly to me. I am no professional operator so for me this takes time to build confidence in a new pistol before I start to carry it. Having said that I feel like a big hippocrit as I do not factor in cost of time while reloading because it is so relaxing LOL.

If it were to be used as a range pistol then all of this changes
Obviously I cannot argue with your earnestly held opinion, but I have to say that when I switch occasionally from my full size M&P's to the Shield for IPDA-style practice I find it less disruptive with each passing year. You slowly become a "pistolero" and the things that were one hard -- picking up the sights, etc., slowly become more instinctive. It is good to allow for change -- you may someday have to fight with the gun you took from the BG.