View Single Post

Old 03-11-2018, 07:52 PM

Liked 1,134 Times in 521 Posts

I think the Shield is superb. And with 2,000,000 out there, fairly well proven.

It would be a viable strategy, though, to buy a P365 and run a direct comparo, and then -- if the P365 disappoints -- sell it. Used P365's will bring high bucks for a while.

But much of the equation behind successfully applying a handgun to a problem is experience and practice. I think I've hurt my accumulation of expertise, over the years, by having too many different platforms, so why add one more? At this stage in life, my J frames are easy to carry and likely to be along with me, summer or winter. The Shield fits -- and the P365 would fit -- a narrow band for use, mostly those times when I can afford the luxury of having a holster and carrying more rounds, e.g., a walk in the woods in winter.

The other guns around here go from there, e.g., not likely to be carried, except when open carry is feasible and won't draw censure. The J is most likely to be carried. So, for me, and I suspect for others who carry the smallest thing that can be assessed to do the task, there is not so much need to replace the Shield - it fits a niche anyway.

Now, if the P365B came with a hammer, it would be different - the Shield would be sold off. I'd love to have ALL and ONLY hammer fired handguns.

Last edited by S&W Rover; 03-11-2018 at 07:56 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: