View Single Post

Old 03-12-2018, 11:06 PM

Liked 341 Times in 125 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneu View Post
I tried the 5-20 twice and the lower magnification once. Nutshell:

First one lasted about an hour then stopped. It wouldn't power on for anything. Customer service is non-existent so I took it back and got a second one.

The second one was DOA. Nothing. Nada. No worky-worky. I took it back.

Thinking it might be the 5-20 I got a 3-14. The electronics worked for the most part but it would not stay focused. It's not super-easy to focus finely at night and a shot from my .308 knocked it from in focus to so blurry you couldn't make out what you were looking at after a single shot.

I figured 3 strikes you are out. A cheaper alternative is the new 4.6x42S sightmark. It is their second gen and has higher res than the previous version and has some of the cool features like wifi video. You can get one right now using their 10% off coupon at optics planet shipped for about 495 or so. I just ordered one and can report back if you are interested. Note that I had an older sightmark and loved it (for the money of course) and took a couple hogs with it.

Thanks, id like to see the report on your new sightmark.

I pre ordered the new ATN X-SIGHT 4K PRO 3-14X, I'm hoping they call by this Friday with my order. They said there's a good chance it would be the 15th of this month for shipping. As soon as I get it I'll post some results and feedback on there new scope.
I can't wait hoping it's as good as they're saying it is.
The Following User Likes This Post: