View Single Post

Old 03-14-2018, 06:44 PM

Liked 1,272 Times in 370 Posts

Last night I tried to get the blown Primers out of the magazine tube. But the tube was so distended and contorted I couldn’t get them to shake out. So I cut the tube up with my bolt cutter and discovered there were probably 5 or so more blown Primers in the bottom. I tried to knock them out with a hammer and punch on my vise, but no luck. I think altogether about 20 blew simultaneously. I’d equate the noise level to the sound of a couple of average firecrackers going off at the same time. The flash seemed to be about two feet high and about a foot across starting at the Primer wheel. I had a mild, momentary hearing loss that only lasted a few seconds until I could hear my son yelling for me to close the door because of the stink.

My best guess on the cause for now is something wrong on the indexing arm, because the spring is bent and the arm is loose. All of my Primers are CCI. Took everything apart and cleaned with Hoppes #9 and MPRO 7...good as new. Now just waiting on the Small Magazine Tube, two parts for the Primer Alarm, and a new Indexing Arm and Spring. Called Dillon Monday morning and they are sending the parts I need to fix the Small Primer Feed Assembly. No fuss...very friendly and helpful.

Last edited by Czechvar; 03-14-2018 at 06:52 PM.