View Single Post

Old 03-15-2018, 11:41 PM

Liked 3,927 Times in 2,366 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingfool View Post
^^^ you are shooting over 6,000 rounds a year. And shoot daily. Of course with that proficiency and dedication and discipline the results show. And that is to be respected. Like I said I would be willing to bet 75% of the people who frequently carry if not EDC even come close to 500 rounds a year. You are shooting more than that in two weeks!

You are right that they dont have near the accuracy as someone of your caliber. But that is like comparing the free throw percentage of Air Jordan to your average joe six pack playground B-ball player.

Not saying that most people don't train enough. I would agree. But that is the reality.
Ok I'll say it, avg person that carries a gun, ccw or leo, is barely competent, much less capable. I shoot an idpa match almost every week. I run a sq of 10-15 shooters. I see at least one new shooter weekly. Many of these shooters are leo & ccw, most are just competent, can deliver aimed fire out to 15y but with zero speed.
It takes 10s of 1000s of rds a year to be a really good shooter, at high soeed then still 100s a month to maintain that high level. Maybe 15% of those carrying guns are in that upper teir skill level where they can deliver shots on demand every time, any time. Yes that takes time, money & dedication to get better everytime you are practicing.