View Single Post

Old 03-18-2018, 04:21 PM

Liked 8,820 Times in 2,555 Posts

So . . . getting back to the thread topic . . . what do you think of it, murdock23? I have to tell you, your putting up this thread really has put a bug in my head about this gun. Years ago I was wishing for one when they were hard to come by, and there's nothing really stopping me now other than . . . well, a sense that I don't need another gun. (You know where that scenario can lead!)

I think I like the Ruger inside-star clips better than the S&W outside-stars, but they're both kind of a hassle to use. I don't bother loading 9x19 because it's so inexpensive to purchase, so having another revolver in the caliber would actually be sort of liberating in that it wouldn't be yet another gun I'd feel I would need to load for - I could just go out and have fun with it the way I do with my .22s and 9x19 semiautos. (Everything else, I have this vague weighing "Is it really worth it to shoot up this ammo for this range trip, because then I'll have to load more" thing going on.)

And I certainly have liked the two .357 Magnum SP-101s I've owned. The newer one (3") has a remarkably smooth action, and I love how simple and solid these things are.

Dang it!