View Single Post

Old 03-18-2018, 07:38 PM

Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts

I'd give the rifle some more time to "break -in" before I came to any conclusions. Mine was fussy the first couple hundred rounds I put through it when it was new. I also put the VQ extractor in which made a big difference when using cheaper bulk ammo. Since it's a blow back design, you will obviously get better results with hotter ammo, like with the CCI Mini Mags, Velocitors, etc.

Also, make sure you are being careful on loading the rounds in your Mags properly. Sometimes people don't have them seated properly, which causes issues.

You will find certain ammo works better than others. Mine likes CCI Mini Mags. I don't think I ever had a failure with that ammo. I also use a lot of cheaper bulk ammo and those are not as reliable in general. It still fires them pretty consistently, but I don't get too worried when getting a couple FTE's or FTF's with them.

I wouldn't worry about it until you have a few more outings.
Make sure you clean the gun well after your outings. I also take the extractor mechanism out and clean it each time. There is a lot of crud that gets in there on each outing.

I think the parts will loosen up a bit with more use and you will get less FTE's and FTF's with the cheaper ammo over time. At least that's what happened with my rifle.

Enjoy your new rifle.

Last edited by digitaleagle12; 03-18-2018 at 07:46 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: