View Single Post

Old 03-19-2018, 08:44 AM

Liked 4,269 Times in 1,042 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Thorton View Post
The only irresponsibility is not having something to protect yourself.
They have lied to the public for decades, "to protect and serve" was nothing more than a marketing gimmick. And as the Supreme Court has ruled and on more than one occasion the police forces do not have to protect you leaving the assumption you are responsible for your own well being.

If you are good with a revolver go for it. Not one case over the last several years has anybody even confronted these mass shooters with a gun, not one time. So who is to say a revolver could not be effective.

However I would also encourage your group to get educated, trained and armed themselves, that's a heck of a responsibility to be taking on being responsible for their safety. You are a better person than I, cause I'm not carrying a gun to protect anyone else out here but myself, it will be bad enough trying to defend my actions without the ones you protected trying to sue you in court as well.

That notion goes back to a time it became law in some jurisdictions to render medical aid if trained. And several people being sued that they caused more harm.
A lady friend had told me and she was a nurse if I see a car accident they'll be lucky if I even call 911.

Wait until they get all the guns out of America and we are left with stones and a sticks against the jacked-up ex-con weight lifter. And the police selling their services on the side.

A lot of people don't know this about how the fire depts. use to respond in America, you had to pay and have your house marked or they let it burn to the ground.
Some will find out real quick like who the police really serve in America. Of course those 'special ones' will be allowed to keep their guns don't ya know.
1. Sutherland Springs church, Nov. 2017: Steven Williford grabbed his legally owned AR-15 and confronted the shooter. Whillford took aimed fire and shot the shooter where his vest didn't protect.
2. 1997, Pearl Mississippi: a principal used his .45 auto to stop Luke Woodlam, who had killed 2 students and was about to kill more.
3) 2007: Jeane Assam shot and killed mass shooter Matthew Murray in a church in Colorado
4)TN, 2017, an armed citizen (usher) stopped a masked gunman inside a church who had already shot several people.

There are plenty of cases of armed citizens confronting mass shooters.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: