View Single Post

Old 03-19-2018, 12:28 PM

Liked 1,247 Times in 650 Posts

I only ever very lightly oil (with regular abbey gun & rifle oil) the Bolt Guide rails....nothing else gets oiled.

I use the same stuff to break up the build up around the chamber face and feed ramp, applying with a rag. I then use a porcupine quill to scrape out the gunk which builds up in that area. Then always wipe it clean and dry. Only the bolt rails are lightly oiled and mine has run error free for 3+years...since swapping the FCG I have not had one FTF, there is a knack to loading the mags which becomes second nature after a while, or a speedloader will also work. The trick is to pull down the load assist button while applying pressure on the follower with the round and putting them in with pressure left, then right so it staggers.

A really helpful trick for when you clean the barrel is to put a drinking straw over the ejector so that the snake doesn't snag it.
Keep an eye on your trigger and hammer pins, they can (in very rare instance from my years here on the forum) walk. A cheap set of anti-walk pins will put your mind at ease.

I'm sure you are just experiencing teething problems that your rifle will grow out of

Welcome to your new addiction......remember that when you think you need this add-on or that fancy doodad....you don't. It's just your 15-22 wanting attention. Learn to say NO to her! Take this advice from those of us on here who didn't

Mine is sitting in the corner staring at me...showing me the one spot on the rail that is not filled
The Following User Likes This Post: