View Single Post

Old 03-19-2018, 04:46 PM

Liked 38 Times in 15 Posts
Default The ultimate Highway Patrolman thread.including N frame ser# ranges

The evolution of my 4” 28-2

Was a drunken (at least buzzed) gunbroker purchase. I figured it’d be a damn shame to let a good gun suffer. I bought it with plans to have it cleaned up.

I had it a few months and decided I wanted to have it reblued. Sent it to a place a couple of hours from the house. The smith said all he could basically do is blast the spray paint off and reblue. I didn’t care too much, and the turnaround time he quoted was pretty quick, so I sent it off. Also picked up new shoes for it as I hate the hogue mono.

Still ugly, but much less ugly. About a year or so after getting it back, the rear sight wasn’t adjusting, so I took it to a local Smith to get that fixed. He said he could do it no problem, then asked if I wanted to send it out to have it polished and blued. He said it would look like a new gun. I had a little extra cash, so I said sure, and he sent it off for me. Came back about 6 weeks later. They did a hell of a job, but they still couldn’t get all the pitting on the cylinder, and basically all of the logos were buffed out.

All in all, it’s one of my favorite wheelies, and it’s already best so no fears of turn lines or wear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by richiecotite; 03-19-2018 at 04:49 PM.
The Following 9 Users Like Post: