View Single Post

Old 03-21-2018, 10:44 AM

Liked 2,109 Times in 860 Posts

I can offer some help as I got mine a few days ago. As the past owner of a Shield which I spent a good deal of $$ (sights, trigger, grip tape,etc.) trying to make it the perfect small carry gun, I gave up, sold it, and kept the PM9 as it was much smaller and I actually shot it better.

On the initial run Sig found some minor bugs and they were simple fixes and are in the marketplace right now.
The only small current 9mm semi that comes close in size is the Kahr PM9. Yes, there are others but I want current production from a recognized manufacturer. I threw in a pic next to my little LCP but that is a .380 BUG.

The Sig P365 fits perfectly in every one of my PM9 holsters, even the moulded kydex versions as long as it has an open bottom as the P365 is just a bit longer than the PM9.

The Sig has a more rounded grip with nicer stippling than either the Shield or PM9. I experienced no "Glock knuckle" shooting it two hand or offhand, in fact I enjoyed shooting this gun strong and weak hand only. Using a two hand hold, I put the first mag out of the P365 in the black of a standard bullseye target at 30'.
I now have about 100 handloads through the Sig with no problems. Warning, the SIG mags are just under $50/ea. and I probably will not buy the 12 rounder because it's just longer and then we get into other guns that will fill the bill.

In quest for a small semi in a solid caliber that would hold enough rounds to make me comfortable when I was with my family, after further testing, this may be exactly what I was searching for.
Sorry for the long post.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by gnystrom; 03-21-2018 at 02:17 PM.
The Following 25 Users Like Post: