View Single Post

Old 03-21-2018, 03:33 PM

Liked 1,653 Times in 809 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Thorton View Post
I'm searching now, I'll post what I find. It should be in the local newspapers archives.

Here's what I could find.

Merrill Kimball sentenced to 25 years in bee farm killing - Portland Press Herald
I have always told people NOT to get in petty arguments. This was not a case of a robber, raper, home invader getting shot. This was two people who knew each other, did not like each other, who got into a heated exchange of words.

He may have been justified, but he was downright ignorant to get into a verbal fist to cuffs. As soon as someone raises their voice to me over the years I have just separated myself from them. Especially work, or family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredj338 View Post
The issue with many, many people that ccw, they truly have no idea what they are doing. Many states require zero training or even a basic going over of the laws of self defense. If you are shooting an unarmed person that is advancing on you in most states, you are going to jail. Raw fear is never a reason to shoot someone. That is what makes the burden so heavy for all of us that carry, understanding that you have to be 100% correct before pulling the trigger. Furtive gesture aint getting it done.
ODD, in the states that have constitutional carry I have seen no states that support your claim.

Last edited by Walkingwolf; 03-21-2018 at 03:36 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: