View Single Post

Old 03-24-2018, 04:02 PM

Liked 36 Times in 14 Posts

Yes, the balance on the 4" is quite nice, but without the scope mounted, which destroys that balance, there are no sights. I am actually thinking about a front sight I can clamp into the front Talley scope ring slot, making it a heavy-barreled, open-sighted squirrel revolver...maybe next. This 3" octagon actually is only about 2 oz less than the original 4" but is much handier...and cooler , at least to me.

In the meantime, I haven't even shot this thing yet, so I decided to go ahead and locate, drill, and pin the block into place, lest it go flying away and get lost at the range. Honestly, I think the Swif has gotten a better bite this time, judging from the flow pattern of the solder. In any event, though, this cross pin hole needed to be drilled before the larger detent hole is drilled. I'm sure I would never be able to get that .060" hole to come out the other side straight if I had to drill it through and across the top of the larger detent hole.

I also haven't been able to locate a center drill long enough and small enough in diameter to drill the detent hole anyway. My little dovetail cutter from Brownells hasn't arrived yet either:

Front-sightless range report to follow.

TBR

Last edited by Teddy Bear Rat; 04-03-2018 at 10:29 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: