Thread: Shield .380 EZ
View Single Post

Old 03-25-2018, 10:42 AM

Liked 7,601 Times in 1,448 Posts

I final got to handle an no safety EZ on Thursday. I've been curious about this pistol since its introduction. My wife because of nerve damage has no grip strength in her hands. She can no longer rack the slide on her 9mm Shield. I hope to get her into the shop to give the EZ a try.

There is a lot to like about this pistol. The slide really take very little effort to rack. It has a great trigger. The magazines should be easy to load by hand. The grip safety is unobtrusive. The slide lock can also be easily released without slip shooting the slide.

The one thing I was also curious about was the size compared to her 9mm Shield. Holding the EZ beside a 9mm PC Shield to compare size was interesting. It is about a 1/2 inch longer. The width is virtually identical to the 9mm Shield. The height is just a tad shorter than the 9mm Shield with the extended magazine and pretty close to my 45 Shield. The texture on the grip is a less aggressive than that on my 45 Shield and might be easier on your skin when carrying.

As I gun guy I really get it. What will be interesting is wether the intended market will get it. As someone one that spends time on the sales side of the counter one of the things I have found is new shooters, especially new female shooters tend to be drawn toward tiny guns. As most of us know little .380s tend to be a handful. New shooters buy them, go to the range and are done with them before they have gone through a whole box of shells. The EZ is huge when compared to the Body Guard and other micro .380 pistols and I wonder if it will be its down fall with the intended market. The EZ should be an easy gun to conceal but will that beginner shooter that lacks hand strength, female or male, will see it that way. That will be the question.

I suspect my better half will get it but she is in no way a beginner. She is a shooter that because of issues beyond her control can no longer rack the average slide.

Last edited by Bill Bates; 03-25-2018 at 10:45 AM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: