View Single Post

Old 03-25-2018, 10:53 AM
Banned

Liked 4,549 Times in 2,011 Posts
Default PINS "GENERALY" AINT FREE.

[QUOTE=RGVshooter;139933643]Reading thru that bowling pin thread got me all pumped up and since our club regularly shoots bowling pin matches every week I'm feeling this burning itch to get a new revolver. For some reason I keep thinking about a 41 magnum or 44 magnum next. At least 6" barrel and adjustable target sights. I already own a 4" 686-6 but I'd like a little bit more horse power in case I every take the thing out hog or varmint hunting. For bowling pins I can always reload lite 44 specials. I have a buddy that shoots a 44 magnum for bowling pins but full magnum loads are kinda overkill but there's no question they leave the table in a hurry if hit square.

B/P IS A HOOT, & IMO the most fun event with the most laid back, down to earth shooters. The variables/luck/chance give an above avg Joe a chance to be competitive with & maybe beat a "superior" shooter. You don't need to break the bank with the latest/greatest gear either. The 686 is a popular & excellent choice. Wide meplat/heavy/flat nosed bullets at slow-moderate velocities work very well. Your buddies hot 44 mags MAY get him DQ'd & asked to leave "in a hurry". "IF HIT SQUARE" applies to any gun used. The 4" barrels are much more popular, among seasoned shooters & winners. The 6" may cost you some extra time.