View Single Post

Old 03-25-2018, 06:53 PM

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by first-model View Post
By the way, the legality of the Model 1 can be precarious depending on the country. I have had correspondence with Canada's RCMP (their "feds") that confirm that any variant of the Model 1 would be a prohibited weapon in Canada. It can be possessed there, in theory, but the licensing requirements are strict and lengthy.
Boy, you can say that again!!

The Dutch laws are crazy. But I have the great pleasure of working with our consultant who is not only a very great guy, but is also a Retired Dutch police officer who was their weapons forensic expert, and has written and/or helped to write most of the Dutch weapons laws. Since I also used to be a LEO we get along great, but once in a while we tend to have our differences of opinion on a certain weapon and it's legality.

It is really great because sometimes it makes me ask questions that otherwise I would have never asked, and as you can see by this thread, it brings me into some great conversations, and with some great people. In turn it teaches me things that I never knew. It does not matter how long you do something you never know it all, and I am not shy about asking for help to learn more about something
The Following User Likes This Post: