View Single Post

Old 03-26-2018, 01:36 PM

Liked 178 Times in 49 Posts
Default Grandpa’s Model 3 Russian First Model

I came knocking at your doors in early February looking for info. Following your guidance I contacted Roy Jinks and obtained a letter of specificity and early disposition of my revolver. I’ve attached the letter. My gun is what those in the know call an Old, Old Model Russian. I’ve attached a couple of pics that don’t do it justice.

I have more questions but over-arching is that I really don’t know how ‘special’ this gun may be so I find myself waivering between treating the gun like a collector might (however the heck that might be) or simple cleaning and patching and returning to my living room wall. Similar models that I can find are mostly etched/engraved and pristine. And there were 20k sent to Russia so there must be lots still in circulation.

So, as crass as I might appear, can anyone tell me where I can get ballpark estimate of the value of my gun? I don’t know if I should insure nor do I know how much $$$ is a reasonable amount to put toward conserving the gun.

I’ll stop here. Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Pam
p.s. Yes, I started a new thread. Previous got too long for my retired brain to handle.
The Following 37 Users Like Post: