View Single Post

Old 03-26-2018, 09:45 PM

Liked 27,877 Times in 3,755 Posts

Our little town isn't really known for its home invasion problems. When you Google our community on-line and look under the heading "Crime Rate," it says "N/A." That pretty much sums it up.

I'm not saying it couldn't happen. It most certainly could. I'm just saying that the chances seem fairly minimal.

If I were to make a wild guess, I think one reason is because most potential home invaders would realize that behind the doors in our town probably live some old country boys, along with their sweet little Utah farm girl wives, who will be madder than a bunch of junkyard dogs if they get roused out of their sleep for something more serious than their cows or horses getting out in the middle of the night.

Second, most idiots who might have home invasion on their minds know that chances are everybody in any particular household above the age of ten probably has his or her own personal firearm and knows how to use it.

Of course, I have definitely not lulled myself into a false sense of security. Heck no! My Remington 870 holds five and sports a butt cuff shell holder that holds five more. All double-aught buck.

Last edited by Mule Packer; 03-26-2018 at 11:01 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: