View Single Post

Old 03-27-2018, 10:06 PM

Liked 135 Times in 60 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. mordo View Post
Nice! I want one. Did you get the 2.6" or 5"? A couple of years ago before I really got back into revolvers, my LGS had a "like new" 5" for a while at a pretty good price, and at the time I wasn't tempted, but now I think it would be hard to walk away from.

2.6", I really just liked the look of the shorter barrel better personally, I know I give up some velocity, just wasn't interested in an N frame AND a long barrel. I really have no purpose for this firearm other than just wanted to finally own a revolver and have something a little different to bring to the range now and again. I have shot a few rentals before at the range from time to time just for fun, mainly to try potent rounds, like .454, .460, and .500. I thought my first revolver would be a Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan in .454 but this 627 PC really caught my eye and liked the idea of an 8rd .357 for the range. Decent capacity, still good power out of the round and not horribly expensive. I got it for what I think was a good deal too, and a few bucks cheaper than the last few Alaskans I was price checking.