View Single Post

Old 03-27-2018, 11:05 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 10,790 Times in 3,676 Posts

Pam, I am completely impressed with your persistence on this. We do have some women here that are collectors, but I don't think anyone has the older guns like you're dealing with. If they did I'm sure they would have weighed in by now. And I totally respect the women that collect firearms. It's a very small fraction of the Collector community that are female. I encourage you to continue to work on this gun because you will really respect it more as you learn how to maintain it and upgrade it.

I believe if you can get the grip screw out, you can reach underneath the fractured grip panel and lift it off. Then it would be simple to just push the left panel off through the frame. When you get the piece that has broken away I'm sure that you can have it repaired so that it can go back on the gun. You likely will never shoot this because ammo is not made commercially and is difficult to make yourself. So, the grips just need to be stabilized so they don't fracture through casual handling. They have tremendous provenance with the gun and I believe they should stay on the gun if possible.

Be patient. You're doing great so far. And I think everyone here want you to be successful in getting this gun restored as much as possible.

Guy
SWHF #474 SWCA LM#2629
The Following 4 Users Like Post: