View Single Post

Old 03-28-2018, 12:38 AM

Liked 2,955 Times in 1,021 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rperillo05 View Post
2.6", I really just liked the look of the shorter barrel better personally, I know I give up some velocity, just wasn't interested in an N frame AND a long barrel. I really have no purpose for this firearm other than just wanted to finally own a revolver and have something a little different to bring to the range now and again. I have shot a few rentals before at the range from time to time just for fun, mainly to try potent rounds, like .454, .460, and .500. I thought my first revolver would be a Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan in .454 but this 627 PC really caught my eye and liked the idea of an 8rd .357 for the range. Decent capacity, still good power out of the round and not horribly expensive. I got it for what I think was a good deal too, and a few bucks cheaper than the last few Alaskans I was price checking.
Very nice! That 2.6" 627 PC is one of the two or three guns on the short list for my next purchase. After I got it to the range, I'd load it up with some spicy 357s and drop it in a holster for CCW duty.

However, I often say things like that and then find some deal on a vintage gun I can't pass up...