Thread: S&W GOVERNOR
View Single Post

Old 03-28-2018, 06:23 PM

Liked 7,377 Times in 2,511 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Wiggums View Post
Last week I had the good fortune to shoot the Gov's distant cousin the Judge.
Comparing horseshoes and hand grenades, especially in this site

It was fun , for a short while , then it became ,meh???
If I were to own one , it would never leave the house , with the exception to go to the range. Sure it "could" be an adequate nightstand gun, but personally I would prefer a Mossberg Shockwave.
I actually was considering both the Judge and Shockwave for Home Defense last year, but ultimately chose the Judge because I couldn't find a safe way to store the Shockwave by my bedside, and although the Shockwave is relatively short at a total of 26" long, I still had concerns about maneuvering around with it in some of the more cramped quarters in my home, not to mention concerns about the ability (or lack thereof) to fire it one-handed if the need should arise, so ultimately the Judge won.

The Judge really isn't designed to be a concealed carry Revolver. There is a concealed carry version of the Judge called the Public Defender, but even in that configuration I wouldn't use it for concealed carry because there's just too much risk of collateral damage with .410 and if you're just going to load it with .45s then there are better options.
The Following User Likes This Post: