Thread: S&W GOVERNOR
View Single Post

Old 03-28-2018, 08:40 PM

Liked 70 Times in 35 Posts

I have been shooting my governor quite a bit lately and finding the 45 ACP more accurate than I expected. At 21 feet I was keeping a silver dollar size hole in the Target without an issue. What is nice about the 45 ACP is the ease of loading and reloading with moon clips. The spent moon clip Falls right out and the reloaded moon clip slides right in quickly. I think too many people worry about power in a self-defense situation, especially in a house, where bullets could penetrate through walls into the next house or residence possibly hitting someone there. The most powerful round isn't necessarily the best round. I can load my 45 autos with mild rounds or strong rounds, however I choose. The 410 as well, depending on what load you choose, can be contained in your own house as well without the fear of going into the neighbor's house. Again, power isn't everything, it's only one aspect of self-defense. I could see me loading a couple rounds of number 4 shot, a couple rounds of ACP, and a couple rounds of colt to fill up the cylinder. I can also see me loading in just 45 Auto due to the ease of empty in the cylinder and filling it back up again.

Sent from my Z353VL using Tapatalk
The Following User Likes This Post: