View Single Post

Old 03-29-2018, 07:14 AM

Liked 1,371 Times in 655 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipermd View Post
Revolvers yes, but steel or plastic auto's can become one shot guns with a bad mag. Just Sayin' Be Safe,
I have had bad magazines that caused my semi-autos to malfunction but I have never had a good magazine suddenly go bad in a way that makes the gun a one shot. I do have a magazine with a +1 base plate for my Glock 43 where the spring seems to be getting a little weaker and the slide sometimes rides over the last round instead of chambering it. But that just takes away the +1 and it is not a stock magazine.

I do not carry a spare magazine so I never practice tactical reloads. Dropping mags to the ground and stepping on them can bend the feed lips or let in dirt that can cause binding. Practicing tactical reloads because you have had magazines go bad greatly increases the chances of one of your magazines going bad. Kind of a self fulfilling prophecy.

If I did feel the need to carry a spare magazine I would practice letting them fall to the ground and quickly reloading. But magazines I practiced that way with would not be used for carry.