View Single Post

Old 03-30-2018, 10:13 AM

Liked 4,519 Times in 1,935 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhnttrpp View Post
Ok i know this may sound stupid but, why did they take the mans gun. What will it accomplish. What if he had used a stick to beat the dog to death. Would they have taken the stick. I doubt they need to prove he used the gun. It was not an illegal act.
I would say that it would be an illegal search and seizure. What if he had been Concealed Carry but did not use the gun. Used a stick. I'll bet they would have still taken his gun. I'm just thinking out loud
The police took the gun because it is illegal to fire a gun in the city. It was not an illegal search or seizure. No doubt the prosecutor's office will consider the incident justified, not place any charges and the gun will be returned. Many options were used to control the dog before the guy with the gun showed up which will go to the benefit of the guy with the gun. Lesson here is the protection of yourself is paramount and the protection of another will be looked at with scrutiny. Your gun will be taken by the police which has been discussed here recently. They don't care if it is a high dollar customized gun or otherwise. CCW accordingly.
The Following 6 Users Like Post: