View Single Post

Old 03-30-2018, 12:45 PM

Liked 3,495 Times in 1,485 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
Not saying it can't be done, but watch the video again, Hickok45 can not and does not put his left hand completely on the weapon..he can't..does not mean he can't shoot it....in fact, both thumbs are pointing west..Just saying for large hands people it's going to be different.....but you can always shoot it one handed.
I know that the current thinking is to put that off-hand thumb way out along the slide, but I've never adopted that method of grip. I certainly wouldn't want to shoot a S&W 500 with that grip, covering the barrel/ cylinder gap with my hand! I had to adapt my grip style for my EDC, a Kahr CM9, so as not to inadvertently engage the slide stop. I have sympathy for oversized and undersized folks and their problems getting things to fit. Having said that, not all sizes or shooting techniques fit all circumstances or firearms. We can add on certain things or otherwise have guns customized to some degree to make them work better for us, but in the end we must train with and adjust to the gun. If it can't be done, then one has to look elsewhere. From what I have seen, it looks like this pistol will work for the vast majority of folks. Like everything else in life everything, including doorways are made for the "average" person.

Last edited by BE Mike; 03-30-2018 at 12:48 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: