View Single Post

Old 03-30-2018, 06:24 PM

Liked 640 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
With no exception that comes to mind, ALL the American Gun Company's are not much more than a shadow of their former selves.
I TOTALLY disagree with that assessment Savage has always made very good rifles and today they have improved their models by a big margin. They make some of the finest guns on the market IMO. I have a Savage 12 LRPV in .223 that will shoot a 5" group at 500 yards all day if the wind is right. And it cost me about $900. At 300 yards it is so accurate it's almost boring. Even their much cheaper MkII rimfire rifles are exceptionally accurate much of the time. They aren't made with the same amount of quality control as the LRPV but my MkII is the best shooting rimfire I own and I own several including a CZ 453.

How about a couple of targets. I don't have any 500 yard targets because the range where I shoot has a dip in the road where you can't be seen and if you don't have someone watching from the shooting area you can find yourself under fire. And I usually like to shoot alone so I don't get distractions. Anyway I do have a 125 yard target with a 4 round group. I was sighting in a scope so I only shot a few times. I also have another 4 shot group shot by my MkIIBTV. I ran out of ammo when I shot this at 50 yards. I can barely make a bullet fit through the hole. I have lots of other targets I could post from the rimfire and a target of sorts I shot at 500 yards with the LRPV. IMO any company that makes rifles that shoot like these is doing pretty well. And the 12 LRPV is an exceptionally well made rifle in addition to being very accurate.

Last edited by C J; 03-30-2018 at 06:26 PM.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: