View Single Post

Old 03-30-2018, 06:56 PM

Liked 136 Times in 56 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post
I would walk somewhere else. And also stop telling people online. Especially the "defensive display" part. That's kind of bizarre if you're talking about a dog, and pretty much a prosecutor's dream.

This isn't the first time this has come up, dude. A gun isn't a license to make bad decisions. Yes, rah-rah-rah, this is America and I should be allowed to walk wherever I want. I still don't walk through such fine local attractions as Arbor Hill or Crossgates Mall, because such a thing is frankly foolish. Having to draw a gun is a loss, and not something to be proudly boasting about on the interwebz.

One of these days, you're going to screw up, and a jury's going to nail you to a wall when they hear that after all these incidents, and all the times police contacted you, you kept doing the same damn thing.

Either that, or you're just trolling. Which I would find easier to believe than somebody being this bad at learning a lesson.
1. I already am walking somewhere else. Same thing, vicious dogs charging me at ambush range into my self defense zone, about once every 20,000 blocks/5.5 months.

2. Defensive display: That's what it's called when I am in immediate need to be immediately ready to use force to defend myself. It is legal.

3. I have posted about this matter in many forums. The people and the system in my town know exactly what I think and exactly how I am prepared to stop an immediate threat in self defense, because I have emphatically informed them.

4. What do I have to learn? The definition of learning is changing behavior. I have nothing to change; every time I walk the distance that is equal to one third of the distance across this country, in nice residential neighborhoods, I get ambush charged by vicious dogs. I post online about it, too.

5. I am not trolling. I am global moderator on the official forum of the worlds third largest anti-virus forum. It is an international forum, and I know exactly who is and who is not a troll, after eleven years of very busy moderating a very busy international forum.

Additionally, my X-frame 500 S&W magnum and X-frame 460 S&W magnum, two DW 1911's and stainless 45 Defender stay at home. My Micro 9 stays on my desk to keep documents from blowing away in the fan-driven breeze.
My 40 Shield loaded with factory (Underwood) ammo or G27 or G29 with factory (Underwood) ammo go out there in the real world with me.

Please see quote below:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmort666 View Post
You're responsible for keeping your dog under control to the extent that it's not a threat to innocent third parties. I don't care if you use a fence, a leash or telekinesis.

If you fail in your LEGAL DUTY to control your animal, and it puts me in reasonable fear of being bitten, it's probably getting shot. I don't carry pepper spray and don't intend to start. I have to carry enough stuff as it is. I'm not Batman and don't wear a utility belt.

It's YOUR dog and YOUR responsibility. I neither know nor CARE whether there are any "bad dogs". If your dog tries to bite me, it's a threat and prima facia evidence of your failure as a dog owner. That's on YOU not me. If your dog has to suffer as a result, I can live with that.
I agree, plus 510 204.08
The Following 2 Users Like Post: