Thread: Shield .380 EZ
View Single Post

Old 03-31-2018, 08:02 PM
US Veteran

Liked 623 Times in 231 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by camper View Post
Finally got my EZ with thumb safety to the range yesterday and put 50 commercial rounds of ball ammo through it followed by 50 rounds of reloads. No problems encountered. Then put 35-40 rounds of personal defense ammo, Gold Dot, Silvertip, Hornady etc., through it. Of this total, had 5-6 incidents of the thumb safety being engaged. Right handed shooter with large to extra large hands depending on brand of gloves I have purchased in the past. Got home and called S&W to see if they were doing any thumb safety mods and was told no. My conclusion is this is a great soft shooter that I will either trade for one without the thumb safety or sell to a permit qualified individual with small hands. For now, will stay with my other 380s for carry and 9s for home use. I had seen the posts concerning the thumb safety and large hands, but said to myself it could not happen to me since I had been using 1911 45s since the mid 60s. Should have taken notice.
I have also had the problem of the safety engaging and have sent mine back to S&W.Will be interested in seeing if and how they can correct the problem