View Single Post

Old 03-31-2018, 08:07 PM

Liked 1,721 Times in 630 Posts
Default 1911 Newbie: What Model Springfield is This???

I'm pretty green when it comes to 1911s, and know nothing about Springfields. (I'm not so green about 9mm and .38 sp. revolvers and know a modest amount about S&W, Browning, and Sig.)

Now I've done a modicum of reading about "value" 1911s and Springfield wins most of the accolades for build, reliability, and, of course, value.

My guy at my LGS agrees.

So I'm thinking about buying the one in the pictures.

And I have no earthly idea which model it is. Says "1911-A1" but it seems to have a couple of upgrades from a basic GI model: skeletonized hammer, lightening holes in the trigger; and much better sights....some sort of tritium, I should have looked closer for a maker's mark. Also has Pachmyer wood/rubber stocks, I think they're called the "American" model.

So, if those familiar with these guns could please help: what am I looking at here? They're asking $549. Is that a fair price? I'm a pretty good customer so I'll expect some wiggle room. Plus I'm probably going to trade one or two safe queens and that gives us both flexibility.

Bore looks good, gun is clean, and if there's a problem I'll have no problem with the LGS.

Much appreciate any advice, comments, opinions....especially if I should be looking at something else. I will not be carrying this, it's strictly for the range.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0331181345a.jpg (50.4 KB, 111 views)
File Type: jpg 0331181345.jpg (66.9 KB, 138 views)