View Single Post

Old 04-01-2018, 04:18 AM
US Veteran

Liked 4,188 Times in 547 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&W ucla View Post
The work is ok because the sight fits it. It looks to me like bare metal with milling marks. The machining done at the factory is much smoother than what I see in your photos. (At least on the dozen or so I've had the sight off of ) Regardless, it's a cool gun and I would letter. Also get S&WHF search of records. Never know what might turn up. Now we need Range Report!!

Below is pic of factory 3rd model target rear sight. It is a 1932 W&K gun. Note extremely tight lines. It is blued underneath, with matching # sight and barely visible machining marks. It is also a "Chopped" 3rd, lol.
Your chopped 44 Target is a seriously cool gun. I'm just glad I was able to buy this one as it checks all the boxes for my cool factor list (prewar, 44 or 45, period modifications). I do typically prefer blued S&W's but will leave this as it was originally nickel.

I'll be getting out to the range as soon as this work trip is done. I need to test out two 44 3rd models and my lefty OD. That should be a fun session.
The Following User Likes This Post: