View Single Post

Old 04-01-2018, 12:02 PM

Liked 9,313 Times in 3,723 Posts

FWIW - while there are dogs that may seem dangerous to uninitiated, there are also plenty who flat out are dangerous. Being dangerous on the owner's property to those who don't belong there is not a problem, but if they get loose, that's a big problem. My avatar was utterly dangerous to strangers, which was not a problem on our property under the law here. HOWEVER: we had a padlocked 6' fence, so any entry into that area was already a crime and and also a complete defense to a dog bite incident. OTOH, we also knew that if he got out, the odds are he would end up dead. (A 20 pound dog, unless one is physically frail, can be addressed with a kick or series of them ... one of 125 pounds, as Bozo was - you are screwed unless a very high level martial artist or ... carrying a gun.)

Another side issue - the legal issue of firing a gun within the limits of a city will vary from city to city. It is also the least important consideration in any such event. I have spent a large part of my professional life in a courtroom and a criminal and civil prosecutor. (We have both roles in WA.) Any prosecutor who charges a person for using a firearm in self-defense in violation of such a city ordinance is a disgrace and should be disbarred. If I experienced that, I would take every action lawfully possible to ruin that prosecutor's career and the rest of their life. Tolerance of ill-doers is as bad as being one.

Last edited by Doug M.; 04-07-2018 at 01:02 PM. Reason: typo, as usual
The Following User Likes This Post: