View Single Post

Old 04-01-2018, 10:22 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 324 Times in 83 Posts

Red9:
I've waited, but nobody has responded to your ask about other 3rd Model SSs in the 0215 range - so thought I'd offer what I know. This one is a little earlier than yours, I think, but...

I sold a 3rd Model SS, s/n: 0134 about 7 years ago to a well known Club Gun collector. 10" gun, w/ std Patridge front sight. It had beautiful SMOOTH (walnut ?) grips with lots of fiddleback & gold dish S&W medallions. The s/n was penciled into the right grip panel. Per Roy, it shipped 3/23/1910.

I brought this gun to my 1st ever SWCA Meeting, because I was pretty proud of it. It is one of the few guns in my life, I regret letting go of - but you have no idea how insistent a person can be when they want something BAD. A deal was consummated, even though I didn't really want to sell, so you can imagine just how good it must have been on my end. Then and there I learned just how special a S&W can be...

As Ralph has said, a Club Gun could be ordered to anyone's desire, but as you inferred - it does seem strange that a gun that special would have shipped out with simple black rubber grips - especially one in a group of 6. I hope your letter provides more insight & you're able to share it with us.

Last edited by Mitch_D; 04-01-2018 at 10:24 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: