View Single Post

Old 04-03-2018, 04:08 PM
US Veteran

Liked 5,585 Times in 2,559 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmort666 View Post
  1. I have NO DUTY AT ALL to be a "dog person". Love them or hate them, I have ZERO duty toward them beyond not actively abusing or provoking them. Walking down a public thoroughfare, or standing some place I have a legal right to be, ESPECIALLY my own property is NOT abusing or provoking them.
  2. EVERY dog owner has a LEGAL DUTY to control his animal(s) such that they are not a danger to innocent third parties.
  3. I don't need to "understand" your dog. You need to CONTROL your dog. If you can't, somebody else will do it for you, maybe with an M1911.
  4. If your sixteen year old son pulls a knife or a gun and tries to rob me, the law says I don't need to be a "thug person". The LAW says that if he puts me in an immediate and credible fear of life and limb, and I cannot withdraw IN PERFECT SAFETY (and that leaves aside "stand your ground" laws), I have the right to shoot him until he's no longer a threat. Are you telling me I have to risk life and limb to protect a DOG where I wouldn't have to to protect a PERSON?
Let me make this perfectly clear:

I don't love YOUR dog.

I love my limbs and my life.

One of those is going to come first, ten times out of ten.
Due to circumstances beyond my control, I cannot "like" this more than once. This quote will have to suffice for the second "like."

BTW, FTF I probably WOULD love your dog. I would still protect myself with what I believe are the same rules that cmort666 would use.

Last edited by ImprovedModel56Fan; 04-03-2018 at 04:19 PM. Reason: typo
The Following User Likes This Post: