View Single Post

Old 04-03-2018, 05:35 PM
Banned

Liked 4,324 Times in 1,793 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobzGuns View Post
As I've mentioned in other MagGuts threads, If round capacity is that important and trumps size (width), why even look at Single-Stack subcompacts?
Which is why I didn't. If I was concerned about round count, I'd just suck it up and deal with the extra .23", because it's not a big deal. Neither is a couple rounds, although I rather like the extra width in the grip.

And yes, yours may run fine. But even if it does--I'm biased to just not believe anybody when they say that--it doesn't tell me anything. If a particular bit of kit was a smoldering dumpster fire, with 3 in 4 failing outright, 25% of the people that bought one would be happily chiming in about their very positive experience.

But...every time you change something, you put yourself in a smaller and smaller subset. Lots of people have gone to roll-the-dirt violence nerd classes with Shields. Fewer have brought Shields with Magguts extensions. People that abuse the hell out of their gear are great for the rest of us. Those are the folks that spent money and time so we know the Serpa holster is a ball of suck.

So if I'm going to bother to start modifying a carry pistol, it's got to be for a reason that justifies the invasiveness of the change. I think a flared baseplate would be worthwhile on the Shield. Even the +1 baseplates look miserable to grip-and-rip, and it's not like the aftermarket baseplate changes much. New internals? Meh, I'd be more cautious about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dben002
I understand ..... completely....
I like to stay with a proven platform (Shield)...5 years of Shields with absolutely not one problem or failure (9mm and 45).

I can and do trust my life on the Shield. Single stack, conceals well, not to heavy, and shoots great........

So If I can have all that plus 10 rounds...great for me right?
And that's the part where I say to you--why mess with a good thing?

7+1 is plenty. Quite a lot actually. Nothing special happens at 9+1. It's a little light for my tastes, but the Shield is also a bit thinner than what I carry. I'd probably want the .45 at 7 rounds, but it's not like 9mm isn't enough. More like, "the single-stack .45 ACP isn't that much effort, so why not?".
The Following 2 Users Like Post: