View Single Post

Old 04-03-2018, 09:14 PM

Liked 83 Times in 61 Posts
Default Any updates regarding shooting with the M-52 ?

I know this thread has been dormant for four years, but there is more information in this single thread than in all the places I've been searching.

I bought a Model 52, and other than a 20-round test last year to make sure my reloads worked in it, this is the first time I've started using it.

I went from getting nice groups from my 1911 at 25 yards to the worst groups I have gotten in decades from the M-52. The groups were huge, and oval shaped, taller than wide. I can post a photo of the "target", although I hate to even think of it as a target. It's a plain white piece of paper with holes scattered all over.....

From what I'm reading, I probably need to hold the gun more tightly, and avoid pressing the bottom of the rear of the grip - somehow need to "grip" it higher up. Yes, the grips are so smooth, they're beautiful, but I doubt I'm holding the gun that securely. I guess I need to order a set of the Pachmayr grips as were described above.

I'm reloading Magnus .357" diameter #514 bullets over 2.8 grains of Bullseye powder.

Today was a shock. The gun is beautiful, and I know people say it is a challenge to shoot well, but if one masters it, the results are excellent. Looking for any additional advice on how to shoot it well.

Last edited by mikemyers; 04-03-2018 at 09:15 PM.