View Single Post

Old 04-04-2018, 03:02 AM
Banned

Liked 4,324 Times in 1,793 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray97 View Post
I don’t know that I’ve ever known any Deputy Sheriff that didn’t have to work the night shift on a Sunday at some point in his/her career.
Point's kind of tongue-in-cheek. If you want to have zero sense of humor about anything, hats off to you, enjoy the coronary you're gonna give yourself being outraged at everything.

I mean, I could have said, "I don't take legal advice from people that aren't lawyers", but that's so much less light-hearted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistered
Thank you on # 1 & # 4
I don't even want to think about # 2 & # 3
I kind figured you were about reaching that conclusion yourself. Actually having to do this stuff is a pretty sharp motivator.

That said, I totally get it. What are you going to do, call 911 every time the house settles? We can drone on endlessly about defensive positions and not doing whole-house clears, but when things actually happen, it's incredibly hard to make the decision to call the police. Nobody wants to look like a doofus, everybody wants to criticize that one guy in a thousand that winds up shooting a fool or getting killed himself. It was one of the things that lead me to resolve to always have a gun and a phone on me. At least then, I can stand very still and listen, wherever I am, and have all the stuff I need to respond.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: