View Single Post

Old 04-04-2018, 11:22 AM
US Veteran

Liked 14,371 Times in 5,477 Posts
Default Bargain or Bust?

I was watching a top-break S&W for sale at an online auction and put in a low bid a few days before the auction. On auction day, I forgot that I had placed a bid on the gun, but got an email that I had won it for $130, since no other bids had been posted.

Listing was: Smith & Wesson Top Break Perfected, 32 Rev., #5259 stamped, For parts/non-working

I have a general interest in the Perfected revolver, so took a look at the only picture (below) offered. That helped me decide it was not a single shot, not a 32, and maybe not a parts gun. Before placing a bid, I had figured out it was actually a short barrel (3 1/4") 38 Perfected, No Change, but the "parts/non-working" bothered me. I see the potential that the cylinder has been partially unscrewed, so am keeping my fingers crossed that the problem is simple to fix. I also think the finish may be quite good, but will add to the thread when it arrives.

Just thought it would be an interesting gun with an interesting description to post here. I am happy with the purchase even though I do not know much about the mechanics of the gun, but am certainly happy with the price. The accuracy of postings for guns for sale are often incorrect, so if I had searched for a 38 Perfected, as I often do, it would probably not have shown up and maybe that is why it sold so cheap?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 38 Perfected 5258a.jpg (74.5 KB, 491 views)
The Following 22 Users Like Post: