View Single Post

Old 04-05-2018, 11:03 AM

Liked 9,470 Times in 4,391 Posts
Default Opinions & Thoughts on Beretta 84FS?

An "ANIB" nickel-plated Beretta 84FS just popped up for sale near me (i.e., consignment at a local shop) at a relative bargain asking price vs. MSRP and even pretty good vs. supposed street price. While still a little rich for me, if it doesn't sell after a while I'm tempted to make an offer on it... but I don't even know why?

This has got to be the world's flashiest, world's heaviest .380 pistol. It would seem to have no practical value at all unless you are very recoil-phobic. It would make a great all-metal 9mm compact double stack... except for the fact that it isn't a 9mm.

On the other hand, it's still a Beretta and my twin full-size 92FS pistols and my little baby 950BS might like a compact sibling in the safe with them?

I do remember liking this series of pistols a lot when they first came out 40+ years ago. It's amazing that they are still made in this brave new plastic world of ours. On the other hand, I am decidedly not a nickel-plated kind of guy... having only one such handgun and being far less than happy with it.

But I *am* an all-metal pistol guy after all, and this gun is all-metal and, I must admit, interesting to me in a sick, inexplicable sort of way.

I need help. Should I make an offer on it or not? It won't be cheap if I do. It's still going to be relatively expensive by my poor old retired man's standards. Any other owners out there? Would anyone else make an offer on such a gun? Any and all thoughts on this appreciated.