Thread: About To Vanish
View Single Post

Old 04-05-2018, 01:40 PM

Liked 5,572 Times in 1,319 Posts
Default About To Vanish

Went by my LGS in Macon today. He is one of the biggest buyers in the South East, if not "the" biggest. He is also very well funded and travels to shows every weekend. Today, he had about one of every post-war Smith and Colt ever made. . .more than the human eye and brain could even take in. For many years he has been buying the pre-war common guns for me. You know, stuff like the HE 38 Specials, top breaks, safety hammerless, 32 HE. The cheap stuff you could get for well under $200 unless it was a minty one. Then you had to pay in the $300 range. Told me today that they had been vanishing the past year or so, and were about gone. Also, the prices on the ones that are out there have been shooting up. He recently sold a minty Safety Hammerless online for $1K, and it sold fast! Well, for those of you (myself included) who have been buying what I like to call the "junky" guns for the past 10 years, it's time to be really happy with what you have accumulated, and be sad with the one-gun-a-week days being over. This is one I picked up a few years ago for under two bills. . .an old 32 that I stuck some target grips on. I grabbed it because the 6 inch barrel is so rare that I have never seen another. . .1914ish. Fun to shoot. Since I know that everybody likes pictures, I had to find one to include.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HE 32 Circa 1914.jpg (94.1 KB, 694 views)