View Single Post

Old 04-05-2018, 02:48 PM

Liked 12,802 Times in 4,228 Posts

From personal experience I can say that I've unintentionally dropped loaded Safariland Comp I speedloaders on concrete and they held the rounds in place, but still worked when I needed them to. I've also read of an instructor who would take loaded Comp I speedloaders and throw them against a wall without losing rounds, but still work. This is part of the reason why I use Comp Is, as well as their simple operation.

For pocket carry, I'd say it should be fine. You're probably more likely to hurt yourself from a fall than to damage these loaders.

The one caution I'd advise is to not use them with split-six-type belt-mounted carriers, as the speedloader is carried such that the release mechanism rides on top of the belt. While it hasn't happened with me, I have read of people somehow putting pressure on top of the pouch, causing the loader to release its rounds.

Personally, for pocket carry I'd use a speed strip or two. I have a preference for Tuff Products strips, but the original Bianchi strips are good, too. I don't like the 5-round strips as I don't feel like I can get a good enough grasp on them. If I carry a reload in my pocket, it's a 6-round strip in a Side Guard Holsters pocket pouch. Most of the time, I carry Comp Is in JOX belt-mounted pouches.
The Following 8 Users Like Post: