View Single Post

Old 04-06-2018, 09:20 AM

Liked 11,744 Times in 3,665 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTSH View Post
So what is a gun like that worth? I'd be investing in a relatively impractical gun with questionable demand and unknown long-term res!ale value. Haven't run into a case like this one too many times before.

TTSH, I think I paid $139.00 for the one above about ten years ago. It was a LE confiscation/evidence gun. The last used 84 I saw was priced at $349.99; a year ago in a NC pawn shop. Condition wish, it was about equal to my old gun.

I disagree that the Beretta 84 is impractical. It is a fine gun for an apartment or condo dweller, motor home traveler, business owner, delivery driver...any place or time where one may have need of rapid response in a dire situation where over penetration is a huge concern.

Demand and thus prices fluctuate wildly from one area to the next on most all firearms. You can't really assign a future logical value to what is essentially a shooter type, rather than a collectable gun. The nickel finish may be pretty, but tends to flake off alloy, which will affect value.

In the age of polymer frame handguns, owning and using a Beretta is a pleasure. A family owned company that is hundreds of years old and once made cannons for Napoleon; two reasons I will always own a Beretta.

Remember what Nike said, "Just Do It".
The Following 2 Users Like Post: