Thread: About To Vanish
View Single Post

Old 04-06-2018, 11:08 AM

Liked 148 Times in 57 Posts

I had a Gallagher repro for sale in a local shop for two years at $650. Finally took it home and put it on gunbroker a couple weeks ago. I started the bidding at 00.01 with a buy it now for $700. It sold in one day for the buy it now price. I walked an old unfinished Hopkins and Allen underhammer kit around gunshows for years at $300. Put it on gunbroker and got $660 for it. Needless to say I like gunbroker. I do some buying there to, you just have to keep your head screwed on tight or you'll pay too much. But, when you're looking for something in particular and you drive all over to gunshows and gunshops to probably never find it, how much $ do you have wrapped up in just gas alone? I don't mind paying a bit more on GB to save who knows how much in time and travel costs to find that item locally.
Big auction houses can be good spots to buy as well, but you can pay a lot there as well as having to buy several other guns in the lot# you really don't want. I usually pedal the extras hoping to make the one I want a bargain.