View Single Post

Old 04-06-2018, 02:19 PM

Liked 699 Times in 132 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISCS Yoda View Post
So, a new experience in the world of concealed carry.

If you go to NYC you know that every building has a metal detector and every event has one, too. Their paranoia has no limits.

But that's not true everywhere - yet. But we are working on it.

Last night I went to a show at a venue that I will not name that has no signs about guns and has never evidenced any concern about concealed firearms. They still have no signs. But they had two police officers in the lobby and 5 or 6 employees wanding folks as they walked in. Wanding everyone and checking purses, etc. Very New York-like.

Of course I had a handgun with me so I was not sure what to do; the car wasn't that far away if I had to leave and toss the gun into the trunk. But this just seems different so I approached a police officer and explained my dilemma.

"Are you law enforcement?"

"No - CHL".

"Oh, okay, stand in this line here and after she wands you go to that lady over there and she will take you over to that man standing over there....."

Okay, whatever. I do it and when I get to "man standing over there" he has a kind of a notebook open and he asks me to put my license number in column 1, my name in column 2, where I will be sitting, etc., and that was that. "Have a good time, enjoy the show, yadda blah".

I kind of liked that system. Where they allow guns but want to know who has them and where they are - works for me!

Comments?
Find a different venue! No one's business if I'm carrying!
The Following 2 Users Like Post: