View Single Post

Old 04-06-2018, 02:22 PM
US Veteran

Liked 2,027 Times in 826 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastoff View Post
OK, here's my thoughts on them...

I have a set of Tru-Glo TFO sights on my M&P 45. I like them a lot. Over many thousands of rounds they have proven reliable and easy to use.

On the sights you're looking at there is a feature I like and don't like. The rear sight has a kind of hook at the front edge. This is made like this so the slide can be racked with one hand by hooking the sight on a belt, table, shoe or whatever. Unlikely to be needed, but nice to have should it be necessary. That's the good part.

The bad part is it's too hooked. The forward rake of the rear sight makes it easy to snag on things. That could be bad when trying to get the gun out in a hurry or when moving through a situation.

Take a look at this sight:

This is a rear sight made by 10-8: S&W M&P Shield Rear Sight - 10-8 Performance Store
Notice how it has a similar design, but the "ledge" is straight up and down. It even has a tiny bevel at the top. This design makes it easy to rack one handed, but less likely to get caught on something.

Of course the 10-8 isn't a night sight. But it would work great with a tritium front sight.

You asked for thoughts and these are mine. I hope this helped.
Thank you....ALL comments are appreciated and welcomed..
I do want to put TFO sights on mine, just not sure which brand is considered high quality....I have heard of problems with broken viles, diminished brightness, and damage to sights during cleaning with certain products......

As I stated ... I am asking because I have no knowledge base of these type sites.....