View Single Post

Old 04-06-2018, 02:59 PM
US Veteran

Liked 13,178 Times in 4,571 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomkinsSP View Post
Not a lawyer, but I would be willing to bet a property owner could not do ANYTHING they want to secure a property where they have invited the public or sold licences for a performance. As stated earlier terms of the licence to attend a performance are printed on the ticket, so if they take your Super 8 equipment they are likely on solid legal ground. I have seen many businesses sued (and lose) over restrictions unilaterally imposed. But you will miss tonites performance.
Within reason you would be incorrect. I am a lawyer so please factor in some 4 decades of experience and knowledge. There is a world of difference between T-shirts with logos and SECURING A PRIVATE BUILDING. A private property owner can do ANYTHING legal to secure his property - and all this theater was doing was making sure that they knew who had firearms and where they were sitting. It is their right - and private property rights reign supreme in these circumstances.

I didn't care. You have a right to care - and you have a right to leave. And never go back! But you do not have a right to object to it.