View Single Post

Old 04-06-2018, 03:20 PM

Liked 1,382 Times in 582 Posts

At this point, I have to add a little more info here in the interest of full disclosure: I have not yet bought a scale ... ... I have been using the RCBS Lil Dandy with a few rotors and their powder chart which is based on VMD. After reading about some possible real issues with the VMD data – a scale is my next purchase. Off topic but most of my dies, rotors have come from A-zon versus Midway. Midway’s excessive shipping charges coupled with their use of UPS Sure Post has ticked me off for the last time. And, even more disclosure, I have swagged .38 Short Colt loads using .380 data. So far nary a problem with .38SC since I test fire the first rounds of each batch in one of my SP-101’s - and I’m pretty sure the case vol’s are close between.380 and .38SC. And, since I am shaming myself here, I again admit to being wrong about the VMD of HS-6. I may very well go back to using Unique since it is available ...

Added a .38SC photo - I really like how that short little round speed loads in the 442 and 101 ...

Last edited by GeoJelly; 04-08-2018 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Add an admittedly fuzzy photo...